July is upon us!
The Summer Trail Race Series is moving to Wascana Trails for the month of July.
The 4 km short course (8 km long course) has a number of hills on it, great for those training for upcoming races, as well as some fantastic scenery. And, for those who were afraid to get their feet wet at White Butte, I found no water on the course at Wascana Trails.
Start time is 18:15.
The map generated via GPS with satellite imagery from Google is included below. I have also put arrows onto an official map that identifies the trail markers. Download the Wascana Trails July course map (PDF) for easy navigation on the trail.
Have a look at the GPX file of the course, or download it to your GPS for easy navigation.
Ticks are present at Wascana Trails. Check yourself over after running the trails and follow these instructions for removing any ticks found (source: NPMA).
- Use fine-tipped tweezers to grasp the tick as close to the skin’s surface as possible. Pull upward with steady, even pressure.
- Don’t twist or jerk the tick as this can cause the mouth-parts to break off and remain in the skin.
- Avoid squashing the tick because spreading tick blood in the bite wound might increase the risk of infection.
- Once the tick is removed, clean the area with soap and water.
- If you develop a rash, headaches, pains or fever, call your doctor immediately.
Thanks to members Patti and Susan for assistance in determining the course.