The Harvest Moon is approaching…
Now that the race season has wound down with the successful completion of Flatlanders, the Regina Road Runners gather for a leisurely fall, fun run – in the dark!
The run is on Saturday October 19th – the last running event from the RRRC for 2013. There will be a brief race briefing at 18:45, and the running shall begin at 19:00 (what time is that?). We will gather and run from the outside of the Lumsden Hotel and Steak Pit, 30 2nd Avenue, Lumsden.
The course will be a breath-taking (it could be cold, and yes – there is a hill) jaunt south of the hotel and out of the town and valley, returning by the same route.
This is a fun run to enjoy the company of other runners, reminisce about the race season and enjoy fall in the Qu’Appelle Valley. It isn’t a race and won’t be timed, but it will be fun!
As such, no registration is required and there is no cost.
This is a night race in late October. A headlamp or flashlight is required. Reflective clothing is required.
Following the race, everyone is invited to gather at the Lumsden Hotel and Steak Pit.
Tips for Running at Night
Paraphrased from Running Room Magazine V.18, Iss. 5 Sept-Oct 2012
- Pay closer attention to surroundings, especially footing
- Stay alert
- Leave the headphones for daylight
- Be reflective – cars need to see you
- Wear a hat to reduce headlight glare
- Bring a headlamp or flashlight – you’ll see better and be more visible to cars
- Carry ID and a cell phone
- Stick with a buddy or group