Boot Race is a 5 km friendly handicap race. In a handicap race, each runner starts the race based on his/her best 5 km time in the past year. If everyone matched his/her time exactly, everyone would cross the finish line together. BUT, if you can beat your best time, you come across the line just a little bit ahead of everyone else, thus being awarded the prestigious trophy!
When: Saturday, May 2, 2015. Register 9:30. Race at 10:00.
Where: Rick Hansen Playground, A.E. Wilson Park, Regina, SK.
Cost: Free. No race day registrations.
- Each runner provides their best 5 K time in the past year.
- (If you have not run a 5K in the last year, give your best estimate)
- The runner with the highest time starts first with the following runners starting later by the difference between their time and the highest time.
- For example, Runner #1 best time is 35 minutes, Runner #2 best time is 30 minutes, and Runner #3 best time is 25 minutes.Runner #1 starts at 10:00AM, Runner #2 starts at 10:05AM (35-30=5, thus starting 5 minutes later) and Runner #3 starts at 10:10AM (difference of 10 minutes, thus starting 10 minutes later).
- If everyone finishes on their time, everyone should finish at the same time.
- Maps will be provided electronically, closer to the event.
- Snacks will be provided for all participants following the race.
- In case of extreme weather, the race will be cancelled. If this is the case, check the blog or Facebook one hour prior to the race.